Re: [OM] Red Eyes ????????????

Subject: Re: [OM] Red Eyes ????????????
From: "Mickey Trageser" <mickeytr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 17:11:12 -0400
Luc,
There are 2 factors to consider, one is the proximity of the flash to the
lens. The closer it is, the more directly the light will be reflected from
the subject's retina. If this hasn't changed, you might consider just how
dark the room was. Many receptions I've attended are so dark that the
people's iris's are wide open and normal flash mounting is too close to
avoid the redeye. Often, even in the home, there is far more light to cause
the iris to close down a bit than available in a wedding reception.

I know this doesn't help win back your friend, but perhaps it helps explain
how you could suddenly experience redeye.

Mickey