Re: [OM] "Black Nose" v.s. "Silver Nose"

Subject: Re: [OM] "Black Nose" v.s. "Silver Nose"
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2000 08:42:07 -0600
On 7 Oct 2000, at 7:35, Tom Scales wrote:

> In a nutshell:
>
> black = new
> silver = old

Thanks, Tom and Keith, for reminding me about that.  Much appreciated!

But, to be perhaps a wee bit more specific in my question, which lenses
are "better" and, therefore, more desireable?  I take it the silver nose is
older and rarer, so from a "collector" viewpoint perhaps a bit more
valuable, but are they optically "better" or "worse" overall than the black
nose?  Or, am I just opening up another unsolvable puzzle over lens
quality?

Regards,

Chris

P.S.  All my lenses are of the "black nose" genus.