Re: [OM] "Black Nose" v.s. "Silver Nose"

Subject: Re: [OM] "Black Nose" v.s. "Silver Nose"
From: "Keith Berry" <k.berry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2000 13:21:32 +0100
Chris O'Neill wrote:
> Okay, maybe I'm getting old and senile, or maybe I just can't remember.
>  But, someone wanna tell me the difference between the "black nose"
> and "silver nose" lenses (*besides* the color of the ring on the business
> end, that is!)???  In other words, which is "better" or "newer" or
> whatever???

Silver noses were the original lenses and I think they look more attractive,
but I only have one, a 135/3/5, which looks doubly attractive because the
built-in hood is silver-edged too. As they're the older versions they should
perhaps be more collectible, being the next step up the evolution ladder
after the M-1 lenses (which presumably were chrome-nosed too). Chrome filter
rings will of course make black noses look the part.

Regards,
Keith Berry