SV: [OM] Photography in Stavanger?

Subject: SV: [OM] Photography in Stavanger?
From: "Helge M Tonning" <kristin.helge@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2000 21:03:18 +0200
Hi Chris,
Being a Norwegian, I feel obliged to try to answer you question.
I don't live in Stavanger, but I've been there a lot of times.
If you only are going to use your spare time loitering around in the centre of
town, I would certainly bring a wide angle for city shots. The town is rather
small with narrow streets, an a small fish market in located at the sea, in
centre of town. At this time of year, you must expect to experience rather cold
winds and some rain, which can be rather impressive (make the weather as your
friend...)
I would not bring any long teles with me, but a XA as back up sounds reasonable.
For more info, you can try these web sites:
www.destinasjon-stavanger.no and
travel.lycos.com/Destinations/Europe/Norway/Stavanger/ and
www.iss.stavanger.rl.no/stav/links.html.
These pages will give you some idea of how the town looks like.
Ask your hotel to provide some information for you upon arrival.
If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to contact me off list.
Have a nice stay in Norway,

Helge