Re: [OM] Weddings

Subject: Re: [OM] Weddings
From: ZuikoholicRI@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2000 11:58:28 EDT
In a message dated 10/06/2000 11:45:01 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
SNelson@xxxxxxxx writes:

> There are some excellent books on wedding photography available. Raid yer
local
>  bibliotech. Get one that shows how to do the classic wedding poses.
Practice on
>  willing models well ahead of time.

I had planned on doing this. I'm sure I'll have more questions later, but I
thought I'd start by getting my kit narrowed down. I'm probably doing that
backwards, but I just found out about this last night, and haven't made it to
the library yet!

>  I wouldn't go experimenting with any new technology on an assignment like
this.
>  Also, the T32 zoom head would be useful for any of your primes and zooms
in the
>  50-100mm range. It would even be of some help for your longer lenses. In
fact,
>  without something like LL Rue's Flashextender, I don't see how yer going
to get
>  much use out of the 300/4.5. Not that I'm advocating adding new equipment
to the
>  mix.

Any experimenting I hope to do up front. Fortunately I have 2 months to get
ready. I'm rethinking bringing the zoom head. I don't plan on bringing the
300. I listed it because it was available to me, and maybe someone would have
some great idea for using it. I dont see much use for it at an indoor wedding.

Thanks for the input. All of this is very helpful to me.

Paul Schings