Re: [OM] Weddings

Subject: Re: [OM] Weddings
From: ZuikoholicRI@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2000 11:35:18 EDT
In a message dated 10/06/2000 11:20:31 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
lindertv@xxxxxxx writes:

> Of course everyone has his own ideas on what to use in this kind of
>  situation, but I would choose lenses slightly differently.
>  I would take a zoom lens, probably the manual 35-70, as a standard on
>  my prime camera. Zooming is more practical than changing lenses and
>  much faster - which you will appreciate when you want to shoot about
>  18 rolls of film during this wedding.

I thought about the 35-70 as well. Without an opportunity to scope the
location I thought the 28-48/4 might be safer if it was cramped quarters, the
assumption being I could always take a step closer, but I might be backed up
against the wall.

>  BTW, that is 700 shots, so when the whole session takes 4 hours you
>  will have to take 3 pictures per minute.... continuously! Quite a
>  challenge, for photographer and equipment alike.

OK, so it's a little overkill. I'd rather have too much than too little,
though. The 100 speed stuff would probably be used *before* the wedding,
anyway. That is assuming the weather cooperates. I'm not holding out high
hopes for the December Ohio weather, but I want to be prepared if we get
lucky.

>  I would keep my second camera ready with the 100mm lens, for
>  portrait-like shots.

Good idea. Thanks.

>  One wide angle lens, 28 or 24, would be nice for frames which you
>  cannot take with 35mm - but I doubt if you will use them. Maybe for
>  that odd shot outside, or a picture of the _whole_ dinner table?

My thoughts exactly.

>  About the flash: don't forget to bring spare C batteries as well - you
>  will need them if you want to have prolonged benefit from the fast
>  recycling bounce grip.
>  A Quantum Turbo for power would be even better. I don't know if the
>  bounce grip will let you take up to 3 pics per minute.

Spare C's - added to the list. I should have remembered that.

>  When using slave triggers, you must be absolutely sure that no one
>  else present will use a camera too - or you will have a problem.
>  Your ideas on the use of them are right: TTL will only apply for the
>  flash wired to your camera, and the slaves will give full output (if
>  they can keep up with your paces).

I know, I need to assume there will be other's there using flash as well. I
may need to rethink this, and hook up a T20 with a TTL cord. I'll probably
need a 5m cord - I only have a pair of 2m's and an 0.3m - and an assitant!

>  The Stofen is indeed available for the T-32. The zoom head extension
>  may do a good job when you have your 100mm lens mounted...
>
>  I know next to nothing about filters - almost never using one but the
>  odd polarizer... but I am sure others will share their expertise on
>  that one.
>
>  Just my 2¢...

Worth much more than that, thanks.

Paul Schings