RE: [OM] OM:Point and Shoot

Subject: RE: [OM] OM:Point and Shoot
From: Hans van Veluwen <HVeluwen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2000 09:34:26 +0200
:I presume you mean "quiet" Hans? Or was it "cute"?   ;-)

I think its quietness is rather cute ;)

:Exactly how does this work Hans? This may seem like a stupid
:question, but I mean, are you told by the camera to engage the flash when
there's
:insufficient light?
:Hopefully the CMOS sensor is rather light sensitive (as in
:iS-300) so that the assist light doesn't have to be used very often.

The trouble is that the AF Assist logic isn't as intelligent as the rest of
the flash control. It fires even when the AF sensor can do the job on its
own. This sensor is indeed very sensitive and that makes this unwanted and
unnecessary 'red eye reduction' all the more annoying.

hnz