Re: [OM] The 300mm f/4.5 Zuiko Siren Song

Subject: Re: [OM] The 300mm f/4.5 Zuiko Siren Song
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 16:51:50 +1100
>At 08:13 10/4/00 , Andrew Fildes wrote:
>>[OM content] Put a $100 deposit down on a 300/4.5 today (lurked the camera
>>stores instead of going to the Olympic parade through Melbourne) - my much
>>better half is going to kill me! It was just loitering in the window,
>>whispering, "take me, take me!"
>>help
>>Andrew
>
>Andrew,
>A note about the Siren Song of this Zuiko was posted to the list last
>April.  You now qualify for Zuikoholic status.  There is no known cure.
>Even if you delude yourself that you are a "Recovering Zuikoholic" by
>attempting the "12 Stop Program" there will be relapses when you least
>expect them.  Acer has the posting preserved on his web site here:
>  http://student.ucr.edu/~siddim01/jl.txt
>
>-- John

Oh, yes, that's it - how could you know so perfectly, damn you. It's so
good to know that I'm not alone! (Couldn't lend me a coupla hundred couldya
- I just need the one hit...).
Saw one advertised on ebay specifying 'low serial number' - are the early
ones collectable or is this just cute advertising?
Andrew