[OM] Re: Kodak shares drop 25 %

Subject: [OM] Re: Kodak shares drop 25 %
From: Mike Stoesz <mstoesz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2000 22:59:56 -0600
Good day to all;

In regards to Kodak, they have done nearly everything possible to
distance themselves from the small independent dealer.  First-- ten
years ago or so we they stopped sending reps out to visit.  I have not
seen a Kodak rep since 1991.  About 5 years ago all small
accounts (under $15,000 purchases at cost/year) were handled by
telephone sales reps who normally called once every 1-2 months.  In 1997
Kodak  cancelled our retail account because we were not buying over
$15,000  per year.   Last year Kodak revoked almost all small processing
accounts making it difficult for small dealers to handle Kodachrome or
any other processing.

Kodak is making their play with Qualex, wholesale processing, large
distributor accounts and major chains.  The small independent dealer be
damned.

I purchase film from a film broker at usually 20 0iscount from the
lowest Kodak direct volumn price.  I can purchase in any quantity and
have no $ minimum/year.  My film broker gives outstanding service, is
pleasant to deal with and helps me find specials so I can compete with
WalMart.  I purchase Fuji film 10:1 over Kodak, turn 500 rolls per month
and make a profit (in a town of 25,000 people).

Just my $0.02 worth.

Best to all (except Kodak)

Mike Stoesz, VP;
Rainbow Photography, Inc., 213 Grand Av., Laramie,Wy. 82070