Re: [OM] Cracked T-32 flash unit

Subject: Re: [OM] Cracked T-32 flash unit
From: Morgan Sparks <msparks@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2000 09:36:52 -0400
I've had the feet on two T-32's snap off.  I think these were poorly
fastened for such a big flash.  But the real culprit is the accessory
shoe used by most all camera makers:  A tiny viewfinder clip someone put
on a Leica in the 1920's.  (Konica's X-24 was designed low and had
nearly a second resting point on the top plate; I knocked it around but
it always stayed put.)  Finally Minolta came up with a prism-mounted
shoe with some mechanical integrity. . . .I think it was on the 7000i.

To its credit, the T32 has a low center of gravity, but I only use the
T20 on the prism shoe.  The T32 really comes into its own on the BG2:
it's offset nicely from the lens axis; has plenty of reserves from the
C-cells, and gets extra support from the connecting pins.  One of the
nicer handling grip setups.

Morgan Sparks