Re: [OM] Cracked T-32 flash unit

Subject: Re: [OM] Cracked T-32 flash unit
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 19:20:34 -0700 (PDT)
John Hermanson wrote:
I occasionally  see T32s with cracks in the corners of the battery box
too.
John, the battery box is the other thing I should have mentioned. One
of the two little tabs snapped off the battery box cover on my T32 some
years ago. I don't know how it happened, just noticed it was missing
one day. It's now a rather loose fit and I have to keep checking it's
in place. I've had the batteries spill out more than once. Do you know
if it's possible to buy a replacement battery cover for the T32?

I bet that's also a common problem with T32s and other flash units. It
seems to be a general weakness of battery boxes on so many plastic
things, including not only photo equipment but also TV remote controls,
toys and electronic games. You'd think the manufacturers would have
thought of using a tougher, less brittle plastic by now, such as used
in Glocks (of course, there isn't a battery compartment in a Glock -
unless it's an Alarm Glock ;-) - nod my original jogue, virst heard id
vrom Henry Gizzinger, ex- Zegredary of Zdade, Unided Zdadez of
Ameriga).

Regards,

=====
Ray