RE: [OM] How many were there ?

Subject: RE: [OM] How many were there ?
From: "Ángel Lobo" <angel.lobo@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 21:17:52 +0200
As collector of Zuiko 50 mm, I have FOUR lenses f 1.8:

1.-F.ZUIKO chrom. sc (The first one)
2.-F.ZUIKO black. sc
3.- ZUIKO MC. mc
4.- made in Japan. mc (The last one)

I do a lot of tests with the 1.8 and 1.4 lenses and on the group of the 1.8
lenses, for me, the best one on colour, definition and contrast is the lens
number 3 (ZUIKO MC), the second one (very near) is the last one, the number
4. "made in Japan". I think the lens F.ZUIKO black single coated is a very
good lens too, but with "different taste". The older lens, F.ZUIKO  chrome
is for me a poor lens. Maybe is poor the item I have. I don´t like the
results with this older lens.

This last thing is because I ask Gary Reese some time ago concerning the
lens tested on his web page of tests with the inscription of "single
coated". Gary, do you test a single coated chrome or black ?

Ángel Lobo.
CUENCA (Spain)

----------
> De: Wayne Harridge <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> A: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Asunto: Re: [OM] How many were there ?
> Fecha: lunes 25 de septiembre de 2000 11:55
>
> I wrote:
> >
> > Can anyone refresh my memory as to how many versions there were of the
> Zuiko
> > 50mm f1.8 ?  Last time I asked this somebody recommended that I look
> through
> > the archives - I tried that but never found a definitive answer.
> >

> From my collection I have the following different types:
>
> OLYMPUS OM-SYSTEM F.ZUIKO AUTO-S 1:1.8 f=50mm, Black Nose, SC, S/N on
front

> OLYMPUS OM-SYSTEM ZUIKO AUTO-S 50mm 1:1.8 made in Japan, Black Nose, MC,
S/N