Re: [OM] How many were there ?

Subject: Re: [OM] How many were there ?
From: Gary Reese <pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2000 10:36:32 -0700
Wayne H. writes:

<< Can anyone refresh my memory as to how many versions there were of
the Zuiko
50mm f1.8 ? >>

Regarding any Zuiko: what constitutes a "version" versus a "variation?"
I consider version to be a change that has a performance difference and
perhaps ultimately a price difference. I consider variation to result in
an exercise that may have no end.

Performance-wise, I'd say 3: SC, MCv1, and MCv2. MCv1 has only one
element multi-coated.

Variations?  Silver snout SC and black snout SC are the only significant
additional ones. Otherwise, I won't go there . . .

Speaking of variations, I hear that Argus C3 collectors have identified
over 20 variations. Groan.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV