[OM] Found the Aluminum Case

Subject: [OM] Found the Aluminum Case
From: DaEyeGuy@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 15:28:17 EDT
I received the Professional Catalog from B&H and there was the "tackle" box I
saw in Munich (for MORE than I would have paid in Munich...) I thought I'd
better check with those of you that have been managing 3-4 OM bodies for a
while.

I guess I am seeking a way to compactly keep the system all together. I've
tried keeping it all in a wall unit (got tired of dusting and
packing/repacking. Then lately I have each body in a separate case with a
lens and felt that would make them easier to grab as i was headed out the
door. Seems tho that the wrong lens is always on  that body, the right one
was left on another body, etc...

When I spied the aluminum case I felt perhaps for once i could keep it all
together in one heavy lug of a case, filling individual bags as I needed
them. So it would most likely end up being a glorified storage cabinet for
the OM gear. HOWEVER, there is something to be said for being able to grab
all your precious goodies in one fell swoop in the case of an emergency fire,
etc.

This was all a lot easier when I only had 2 bodies and 4 lenses (prior to
discovering this list in '97). If I only collected and looked at it all it'd
be easier, but I pretty much constantly keep mine goodies in use and am
always wondering how to better manage the mess. Do you guys fill up a
wondrously heavy magni-case and really lug it around? Or do you keep a case
like this aluminum one on the trunk and work out of the car more? Any advise
would help as i often feel like pitching it all over a cliff!

Susan Steele
Virginia, USA
"Accept that some days you are the pigeon and some days the
statue." ( Dilbert's Rules of Order)