Re: [OM] Found the Aluminum Case

Subject: Re: [OM] Found the Aluminum Case
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 20:24:15 GMT
This is easier for me than some because my OM-1 is a project-specific camera. Everything I might need for that project goes into a particular bag (a cheap Domke-clone I glommed onto for a couple of bucks 'cause it was dirty-ugly), so I know which to grab and go. Nowadays it almost always goes with me 'cause I never know when I'll need it.

But for my other (non-OM) gear, well...I'm in the same boat as you, swapping gear from bag to bag as need arises. I am down to just three bags of different sizes that I switch between depending on what I expect to do that day. When I'm not sure, everything that I can cram inside gets dumped into a large softsided cooler (recently partitioned with cut pieces of closed cell foam). If it's a hot day and I expect to store the stuff in the car trunk I'll put a sealed bag of that "blue ice" stuff in the bottom under a towel.

In between times everything else sits in two dresser drawers. The top drawer is full of stuff that behaves well, is generally useful or otherwise exhibits good citizenship. The bottom drawer is full of misfits and ne'er-do-wells that are occasionally useful for mercenary work.

No help, huh?  Let me know which cliff to wait under.
-----------
Lex Jenkins
"Hey, baby.  You have braces.  I have braces.  Huh-huh." - Butthead

From: DaEyeGuy@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 15:28:17 EDT

I received the Professional Catalog from B&H and there was the "tackle" box I
saw in Munich (for MORE than I would have paid in Munich...) I thought I'd
better check with those of you that have been managing 3-4 OM bodies for a
while.

I guess I am seeking a way to compactly keep the system all together....Any advise
would help as i often feel like pitching it all over a cliff!

Susan Steele