Re: [OM] GILES: [OT]: of course: +40/2 stuff

Subject: Re: [OM] GILES: [OT]: of course: +40/2 stuff
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 06:43:31 +0200
Frank, Chris et al...

As before, it is moderation that is important. Try not to give offence, try not to take offence - both quite difficult with language glitches and with different beliefs.

An remember that it is photography that we are about, but that including other topics can be interesting.

And Frank, it is at least 4 years surely ;-).

Chris

Chris,
I share you views in 1. Photographic discussions, maybe a bit off
topic re Olympus content but often originating from 'real' Olympus
discussions, can and must not be discouraged. Just like the odd joke
which keeps the list lively. There has always been _some_ off topic discussion on this list, ever
since I am a list member (about three years now, or maybe more...)
But it really gets annoying since a few weeks because OT gets too much
and often too far off of what the list was intended for.
I do also realize that it is more offending now than a year or so ago,
because the number of list members has grown - and consequently the
list members are less familiar with each other.
I have seen this happen in other newsgroups (rather than mailing
lists) where at last the bigmouths were the only remaining visitors...
and I would hate if this happened here as well.

Moderation of a list like this is not possible, I agree with you on
that one too. Even more reason for all of us to moderate ourselves
when writing and pressing the send button....

Frank.
--
<|_:-)_|>
imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx