[OM] (Fwd) off topic: of course: +40/2 stuff

Subject: [OM] (Fwd) off topic: of course: +40/2 stuff
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2000 23:44:17 +0000
From:          "james olson" <james_olson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To:            owner-olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:       off topic: of course
Date:          Sat, 23 Sep 2000 16:51:22 GMT

Wow, less Olympus talk than i've ever seen on this list.

So, a few people got off on vinyl and stereo tangents a few days ago:
Leading me to a few questions:

1) Has anyone made their own LP cleaning solution?  Replaced the factory
cables on their turntable? (I have a Rega Planar 3 with stock cables...)

2) Can anyone give me ideas about the difficulty and expense of building my
own vaccum tube amplifier, or even integrated amplifier?

3) I'm still looking for a used, not pretty on the shelf behind glass doors
40/2 Zuiko....brassed, body wear, wearing lens mount, etc. Anyone know of a
source? I have a few good OM bodies for possible trades.....

The reason i'm looking for a 40/2 is travelling.  In the last few years,
i've been to new zealand, india, nepal, peru, and many, many U.S. states.
So I'm trying to get the perfect travelling kit.  (So far, the 28/2, 50/3.5
and 100/2.8 due to 49mm filters and size.)  And the 40/2 would be a nice
replacement due to lens speed as a normal lens.  Maybe I'll have to settle
for a 50/1.8, but the 50/3.5 is just sooooo good.

thats it, anyway, sorry for the OM content,  james.