Re: [OM] Tamron Adaptall patch

Subject: Re: [OM] Tamron Adaptall patch
From: "Pawel Golik" <pgolik@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2000 02:00:07 -0400
Hi !

> The main issue is to keep the reset button of a 4 or 4T from dropping into
> the indentation of the screw hole.
{...cut}.
> I've read several times the cure for the offending phillips screw head
> in the OM mount to prevent shearing off the reset button. Can't
> remember if epoxy was used or was it JB weld? How do you
> smooth it over after it is dry?

    I used standard two component epoxy. I left it sitting for 24 h (even
though it was suppsed to be the quick setting type I preferred to play it
safe). I smoothed it down with a piece of extra fine garnet sandpaper (220
grit) till it was completely even with the metal surface of the mount (no
more epoxy around the hole, just in the hole). Works great and requires very
little work.
    Before you go for it look carefully at your Adaptall, some of them are
already "OM-4 friendly" (I have one example on my 35-70 f3.5 CF). The
problem is only with certain adaptalls, and some other third-party OM
mounts.
            Good luck
                Pawel
            (wishing he could afford replacing all these cheap third-party
lenses with genuine Zuikos)

--
Pawel Golik, Ph.D.
Center for Molecular Medicine, Emory University