Re: [OM] 50 / 1.8 MC Zuiko as enlarging lens

Subject: Re: [OM] 50 / 1.8 MC Zuiko as enlarging lens
From: HI100@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2000 03:03:26 EDT
bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< My first thought would be that it is not a flat field lens.. >>

Since the lens is assymetrical and optimised for near infinity, (unlike most
enlarging lenses) I would expect it would work best with huge enlargements
having the paper near infinity!

Sorry couldn't resist!

Seriously, even really cheap enlarging lenses seem to work so well and with
the digital stampede people are dumping darkroom equipment. You should be
able to get a reasonable enlarger lens for about the price of a 50mm Zuiko
and get better results.

       Tim Hughes