RE: [OM] Tamron Adaptall patch

Subject: RE: [OM] Tamron Adaptall patch
From: "Brian P. Huber" <bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2000 00:30:12 -0400
George,
Thanks for an ON TOPIC post!
I've used JB weld as well as liquid solder.  Almost anything will work, it
doesn't have to be "permanent", in fact, you may need to repair the mount
some day.
Just get the stuff "in there" and either scrape it flush with the mount, or
lightly sand it later after it has dried long enough to with stand the
sanding.

The main issue is to keep the reset button of a 4 or 4T from dropping into
the indentation of the screw hole.  I believe that J. Hermanson even
recommended using lightweight, but strong tape over the screw hole.

Brian P. Huber

Back to photo content for me as well.
I've read several times the cure for the offending phillips screw head
in the OM mount to prevent shearing off the reset button. Can't
remember if epoxy was used or was it JB weld? How do you
smooth it over after it is dry?

Thanks,
Geo2