Re: [OM] RE: OMs and "Point and Shooters"

Subject: Re: [OM] RE: OMs and "Point and Shooters"
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2000 11:19:45 GMT
Keep in mind that more than 100,000 died from machete and spear attacks during the civil war in Rwanda. Lack of access to firearms may deter the occasional coward but has never hindered the determined individual or group from wreaking havoc.

And I'm not ignoring the "innocent bystander" phrase - but in war and uncontrolled crime there are no innocent bystanders, only those who passively stand by and do nothing.

Lex
===

From: Gregg <giverson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 20:58:37 -0400

I will say that a baseball bat or knife is less likely to kill an innocent
bystander than a bullet.  But I will also admit that a match is less
discriminating than a bullet in who it maims or kills in a fire.