Re: [OM] RE: OMs and "Point and Shooters"

Subject: Re: [OM] RE: OMs and "Point and Shooters"
From: RobBurn@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 23:54:45 EDT
In a message dated 9/22/2000 9:46:33 PM, wkatez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Rob,
Been a while since we chatted, you old airman, policeman, pastor and
gun-nut (did I leave out any of your other personas?). Have you used
that press camera much, or are you ready to send it to a good home in
Florida? >>

Gee, I don't know, Wayne. Are you properly equipped to protect such property?
<G>

<< Be it firearms, SUVs, animal rights, or high fidelity, opinions are like
armpits - we each have a couple and think only ours doesn't stink. >>

I know, I know. I should just ignore the pontificating rather than adding my
own. Guess I'm just getting old and crotchety. I should shoot off my cameras
more and my mouth less. It's much more rewarding. ;-)  I'll probably be less
onery when one of my OM-4s gets back from John H. I'll be too busy trying out
the new camera to stay onery.

Speaking of cameras, I did get a few shots yesterday with my OM-2 and
35-70mm/f3.5-4.5 Zuiko. (I confess using my Tokina 70-210mm/f4-5.6 also.) I
took a few shots of a replica of Christopher Columbus' caravel, the Nina. It
is docked at the downtown wharf for a few days. Couldn't figure out how to
get a *river view* shot of it. I  was amazed at the size of the ship. It is a
tiny thing, although it didn't require use of my 50mm Zuiko Macro, however.
(More O-OM-C). I would seriously hesitate to take it out on the Ohio River in
a stiff breeze. Hard to imagine a trip across the Atlantic in it. Must be
quite seaworthy. (The replica does have a diesel engine for back-up.) A
member of the crew remarked that the longest voyage they have taken in it to
date was a 5200 mile, 34 day trip. The ship reminded me of the old sailor's
prayer: "Oh God, thy sea is so great and my boat is so small."

Oh no. Hope I haven't started an (0T) religion thread.  <g>

Robert