Re: [OM] OT - OK, I posted my cool vette pics, as requested

Subject: Re: [OM] OT - OK, I posted my cool vette pics, as requested
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 19:53:10 -0500
Larry,

Clearly my purchase bothers you deeply.  You didn't buy it, I did.  You're
not even right. The used ones have held their value, so the smart purchase
was a new one. I did my homework. I've only bought three new cars in my
life, none since I figured out the math of depreciation, but this one, in a
rare situation, made more sense new, especially since there were major
changes this year.  And, yes, it's way too expensive, but I like it, so
what's you're problem?  Was it a waste of money? Probably, but hey, damn
near everything else in my life sucks, so I bought a toy.  Big deal.  About
the only positive in our lives right now is that I have a bit of money to
play with. I work hard for it, and I honestly doubt it will last.  I never
once posted what the car costs.  You're the one throwing out figures, and I
don't know why.  It's as rude as asking someone how much they make or how
much the weigh.

I don't understand where your anger is coming from.  I've stopped talking
about it. The thread has gone of on another tangent and it's clearly marked
OT.

Just stop reading them if they bother you so much.

Tom

> $2950, and good quality & handling is a great thing, and refreshing to
hear
> in this thread. The only excuse for cheap plastic parts and body in a
FIFTY