[OM] OM40

Subject: [OM] OM40
From: mike blayney <mikeblayney@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 03:59:02 -0700 (PDT)
Hi, I'm new to this list, so hope this is an OK question for this forum.

After many (very many) years I've taken up photography again and acquired an
Olympus OM40 with which I'm very pleased.

It has behaved faultlessly through about 8 rolls of film except for 2
consectutive shots when the mirror locked up and the shutter locked open. It
eventually closed after a few minutes (during which time I thought it was
permentantly locked!). I don't know if its relevant but both shots were on a
tripod with cable release and close focussed on a darkish plant (growing
variety).

Any suggestions on a possible cause would be gratefully welcomed.

Mike Blayney, Devon, UK.

=====
Mike Blayney, Devon, UK.