Re: [OM] OM40

Subject: Re: [OM] OM40
From: Chip Stratton <chipstrat@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 11:39:29 -0700 (PDT)
I found the problem in 2 OM-PCs, each had a different
'safe' shutter speed. It was somewhat intermittent in
nature, but occured often enough to make the camera
unuseable at longer exposures. Removing the batteries
would usually unlock it pretty quickly. Seems like it
was more likely to occur with automatic exposures
compared to manual settings, but it did happen with
both.

I don't know if this degenerative circuit disease is
progressive or how quickly - I suspect over time it
will only get worse.

Chip