Re: [OM] Zuiko 24/f2.8 compared to the Zuiko 28/f2.8

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 24/f2.8 compared to the Zuiko 28/f2.8
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 22:41:55 -0600
On 5 Sep 2000, at 10:03, Gary Reese wrote:

> << Now I'm wondering if I should hunt for a 35!!!  <G>  I do alot of
> landscapes, both urban and country. >>
>
> That is an extremely useful lens for landscapes, but you would probably
> discover yourself taking a 35-70mm zoom rather than a 35mm prime if you
> owned both. It becomes a matter of weight and available space.

Actually, the 35-70 *is* on my "gotta get it someday" list.  I'm keeping
my eyes open for one, but haven't seen one for sale lately.  Probably
just as well, though, as I'm *trying* to save for the OM-4(T) and all these
other "goodies" keep depleting the funds.  <G>

> It is really pretty easy to determine the next lens you need to buy.
> Just keep track of how many times you conclude: "If I had only had a
> XXmm I would have got the shot."  Sounds like you already know the 24mm is
> the next on the list.

It wasn't on the list until I shot that roll and saw the results.  Like I said,
not quite as crisp as the 28/2.8 but darned nice.  And, I *really* like that
extra angle of view!  The clincher, though, was the price...  I really
*wasn't* expecting the salesperson to agree with my offer!  Just thought
I'd throw it out and see what the counter-offer was.

Anyway, I'm going to ask if he'll hold it awhile while I scrounge up the
cash to buy it outright.  He's got it "hidden" for me until next payday, so
maybe he'll keep it stashed for awhile longer.  Hope so!  Now I want
BOTH the 24/2.8 AND my 28/2.8!!!!

Regards,

Chris

P.S.  Don't MAKE me hafta deny that I'm hooked again!!!  <G>

---
Chris O'Neill (coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx)
http://www.nucleus.com/~coneill