Re: [OM] - OT - back to cars and commuting

Subject: Re: [OM] - OT - back to cars and commuting
From: Gary Reese <pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2000 12:42:09 -0700
Dirk W. writes, in response to:

<< << [a Jeep] is the perfect "camera bag" for devotees of the "Ansel
Adams School of Car Trunk Photograpy." >> >>

<< yeah, and a couple three or so tripods ought to do it....The Jeep is
ideal for getting into back country to find that rare widlflower, or
other natural thing to photograph. If I lived in the country I'd
probably have something like it myself. >>

LOL, I just decide to keep for myself a real honker of a ball head: a
Foba Super Ball - Ballo Standard. The thing looks like it could double
as a U joint for my Ford Bronco II. I only wish an SUV could have a gun
rack. Then I could hang my Novoflex on the back window.

Seriously, 900f all rare plants take some walking to find. But an ATV
could have got me close to perhaps half of those populations over my
lifetime. Unfortunately, I only had an ATV for 10f my fieldwork and a
4WD for 10%. I've done a lot of walking and my field equipment either
worn out or well worn as a result of it. I went on some shoots in
Florida with my camera gear strapped to an ATV. It was heaven after all
those years of "walkabouts."  When you really get shooting fast and
furious, esp. landscapes, the ATV gets you all over the place in no time
flat. I suppose a trail bike would also work, but they can't carry as
much gear.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV