RE: [OM] A question about flashes....

Subject: RE: [OM] A question about flashes....
From: T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 09:57:13 +0200 (CEST)
Hiya Lex and others,

Ohh, the curses of not being a native english speaker. I lack a word,
which I know in Danish.....

I was envisioning something called a "skruetvinge" (let me try to explain
in ASCII-art):

 ======================
 ||            ======
 ||              ||
 ||              ||
 ||              ||
 ======================
                 ||   <- thisone has a thread and
                 ||      can thus be screwed up and down
                 ||      to "fix" the device to e.g. a
                 ||      table or a shelf etc.
               ======

Now, that device is in Danish called a "skruetvinge" - what's the English
word (Lars, are you there and do you know?).

Anyways, I envisioned something like that with an accessory shoe on top -
preferably mounted with some degree of freedom. At least such that I could
swing the flash in the plane parallel to the top of the "skruetvinge", but
preferably - of course - with more degrees of freedom.

Alternatively, I have been considering clamps - such as what I understand
Lex has tried. It seems to me, though, that there are diverse opinions on
these: Tom seemed content with his, while Lex seems not so happy. Are you
guys using different brands/kinds, or...?

Uhmm....I guess this takes a bit of thinking, and all input is
appreciated....

Best regards

--thomas