Re: [OM] Product availability

Subject: Re: [OM] Product availability
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 22:03:30 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 28 Aug 2000 bhinderks@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I had a long chat with Carsen (the Canadian dist) several months ago.
> During the conversation they admitted the ONLY series body they had in
> stock was a 4Ti - and it had been that way for "awhile". In addition they
> had next to nothing in lenses. There is no doubt Olympus is a very small
> niche market.
> Barry H
> PS carsen also confirmed that ALL their Oly gear comes through Oly US -
> hence the discrepancy in pricing.

For the Canadians amongst us, you maybe interested to know that as of Aug 1
all Olympus photographic products in Canada are being handled by Olympus USA.
However, Carsen will continue to handle the scientific and industrial Olympus
products.  This information was given to by a Carsen employee who works in the
scientific division.  I guess that explains some of the "dumping" that Carsen
has been doing lately.  Hopefully with this change the Canadian prices will
become more in line with the USA ones.
                                        -mark