Re: [OM] Product availability

Subject: Re: [OM] Product availability
From: John Hudson <xyyc@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 16:37:12 -0700
Charles Packard wrote:

> John,
>         Whilst perusing the CamTech site I noticed that both the 35-70 &
> 70-210 lenses
> released at the same time as the OM2000 have been discontinued. What a shame.
> Esp. the 70-210, nice lens IMO.
> My question is this: Are -3Ti's and -4Ti's still available? I noticed that B&H
> has had the -3Ti as out-of-stock for some time now.
>
> Charles Packard

Charles:

As an aside, I saw a new 3T in a downtown Vancouver photo store priced
at Cdn$2,299 for the body only. If that price is fairly representative
of prices in other Canadian outlets I would not be overly surprised if
demand is low and they are no longer being stocked. The store carries
several of each of the current Leica M and R bodies and virtually all
the non-exotic M and R lenses and does a fairly brisk trade in all of
them plus it has an active used Leica department. As a poorly advertised
and "non-glamour" brand, if that is the right turn of phrase, I think
that a $2,299 3T body can't be taken very seriously by other than a very
small number of buyers indeed......and that number is likely far smaller
than the actual and potential pool of Leica buyers. At $2,299 I think
that Olympus is looking to put itself out of the OM line.

Just my $0.02 ....or $0.0135US!

jh