Re: [OM] Olympus - no digital plans for OM series

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus - no digital plans for OM series
From: George Conklin <gconklin@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 15:29:09 -0700
Yeah, but it is fun to tweak the short sided approach of Olympus to their customer bases past, present and future.

I returned to Seybold Expo again today and looked at the other major digital still camera brands - well represented, no strange laws of optics. Most of my time was spent looking at prosumer ink jet printers, print stock and inks from various vendors. That is all quite amazing. I'm happily scanning my film images with my Nikon LS-2000 and wishing I had the slide feeder I saw today. You put a batch in at night and in the morning you have all those slides nicely scanned.

OK, if you stay on this list long enough, all the topics will be
discussed again, and again, -- is there nothing new under the sun?

This particular topic (digital camera using OM lenses) was
discussed in April of this year.  There was even a set of
PowerPoint foils from Olympus that show the difference between
a lens designed for film use (the light rays go at an angle)
and a lens designed for digital CCD chip (the light rays go
parallel).  Someone on this list had archived that set of
foils on a web site somewhere, so whoever has it, please speak
up so we can put this topic to rest (again).  Or else someone
do a search of the archives for the presentation.
        -Dan