Re: Sv: [OM] Questions about a 350 F2.8-Update

Subject: Re: Sv: [OM] Questions about a 350 F2.8-Update
From: GFaulk7376@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 07:47:14 EDT
In a message dated 8/29/00 9:15:08 PM Central Daylight Time, WKato@xxxxxxx
writes:

> GFaulk7376@xxxxxxx writes:
>
>  > In this case the negative will be the sale of my Tamron 400 F4.0.
>  >  This lens has been my faithful companion for 3 years and will be
missed,
>  but
>  >
>  >  there is no way I can justify both of them!
>
>  Come on now, there IS a way to justify both--you haven't thought hard
enough.

>   Seriously though, can you test them side by side and drop us a note when
>  you've done this?  I would be very interested in the results. I am the
proud

>  owner of a Tamron 400/4.
>
>  Warren

Warren,

To be honest, I really don't expect the Zuiko to be sharper. The 350 was a
surprise find and priced acceptably. The addition of one F stop and my desire
to own a 350 again before I die are the primary reasons I bought it. It's
condition is better than my first posting indicated, definitely not mint,
probably about a KEH "Excellent" grade. I will do comparative testing between
the two lenses and will post my results to the list. Of course, if the Tamron
tests sharper, now what do I do?

Gary Faulkenberry