Re: Sv: [OM] Questions about a 350 F2.8-Update

Subject: Re: Sv: [OM] Questions about a 350 F2.8-Update
From: Frank van Lindert <lindertv@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 10:22:51 +0200
On Tue, 29 Aug 2000 19:59:00 EDT, GFaulk7376@xxxxxxx wrote:

>First of all, thanks to everyone who responded to my questions. I actually
>had decided to buy the lens last night after inspecting it, but decided to
>give myself 24 hours to think it over. An additional bonus was the inclusion
>of an OM 2S body. I was so focused on the lens's condition that I had
>forgotten that the body was included in the price. Hardly a Doris Fang deal,
>but the addition of the body did help as I handed the money over.

Congrats with your purchase, Gary.

I experienced the same thing when buying my 350 a few years ago. When
it arrived from the USA I had this pleasant surprise: a black OM-2 was
attached to the also black lens. The presence of the camera hadn't
even been mentioned in our e-mail and phone negotiations!
The aluminium cases of the three fast lenses  all provide the extra
space needed to keep the camera - mounted to the lens.

I forgot a thing about the filters: these are not normal 46mm filters,
but extra thin ones to make them fit into the lens slot. And the
neutral one I have is probably multi-coated (giving green reflections
on both sides when viewed in bright light). BTW, the cases of these
lenses have cut-outs for two extra filter holders with filters.

Frank van Lindert
Utrecht - Holland