Re: [OM] Anyone know what this OM adapter is for?

Subject: Re: [OM] Anyone know what this OM adapter is for?
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 05:50:55 GMT
While we're on the subject, can anyone identify this ring for me? The side with the bayonet mount fits my OM-1 just fine, but I can't figure out what the angled flange on the opposite side is for - or what the entire ring is for. The ring is aluminum, unfinished on the outside, ridged and painted matte black on the inside. There are no screw threads anywhere.

This photo shows the flange side and is neatly engraved with "Olympus OM" in script on the face:
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1005538&a=8442592&p=27297925&Sequence=0

This is the bayonet mount side. There's a brass pin at 12-o'-clock, same as the pin found on the lenses, and a non-moving finger at 6-o'-clock where the diaphragm lever would be:
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1005538&a=8442592&p=27297927&Sequence=0

This side view shows the thickness and shape of the ring:
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1005538&a=8442592&p=27297929&Sequence=0

TIA,
Lex
===