[OM] many thanks ...

Subject: [OM] many thanks ...
From: Reuben Acciano <rubydoomsday@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 01:41:00 -0400 (EDT)
Cheers, lads and lassies ...

Well, my 85mm f2 and 24mm f2 are winging their way to me as we speak from
the other side of this great Southern land for a COMBINED price of $AUD470
(300 US), and I am a happy happy (though credit-card enslaved) man.
Somehting tells me I wont care once the first few rolls of Velvia and Delta
come back ...

Thanks for all your tips on the 85mm f2 - now does anyone have any "in use"
reports on the 24mm f2? I used to love my 24mm f2.8
but the wee bugger is now gone. How do they compare, anyone?

Some may think me a little obsessive with my fast apertures etc but
low-light (ie. band/concert/theatre) really necessitates the brightest
finder image possible.

BTW, I was completely aware of the existence of a second curtain - sorry, to
whoever corrected me - i simply ommitted the word "synch" in my original
post. It might seem a piffling matter to those not particularly familiar
with - or interested in- this technique, but the impression of movement is
really MUCH more natural with rear/second - a feature no OM series OLY body
possesses. Sigh.

I'm also curious re: peoples' opinion of the 180mm f2.8. I passed up a
chance to pick one up for $AUD800 about a year ago (500 US); it was in great
nick. But is this too high a price? And once you start springing for 72mm
filters are we talking stupid investment when a 135mm f2.8 is an equally
usable "stage lens"?

Thoughts, please.
Ta in advance, Reuben.