RE: [OM] Re: Bogen tripod [Was Need advice: 38/2.8]

Subject: RE: [OM] Re: Bogen tripod [Was Need advice: 38/2.8]
From: "Dave Bulger" <david_bulger@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 04:23:47 -0500
Frank,

Didn't buy a head -- I've already got a couple.  I've got an old Bogen
pan/tilt that I use occasionally for 35mm and mainly for the MF stuff (I've
got a Mamiya RZ), but my primary use head is the Manfrotto 3265, which is
the grip-ball head.  They're kinda like track balls -- takes a bit to get
used to 'em, but once you do, you don't go back to more conventional means.
They're not heads you'd want to use on heavy rigs, i.e. the RZ or an OM with
a 300/4.5, but for anything lighter they're great.

Dave