RE: [OM] IS-3 versus IS-30

Subject: RE: [OM] IS-3 versus IS-30
From: Hans van Veluwen <HVeluwen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 16:08:11 +0200
:All this talk about the IS series

Now don't exaggerate; there has been far more talk lately about H*f* than
about iS ;)

:has whetted my appetite to give one a try.

Alright!

:Would anyone care to compare and contrast the IS-3 with the IS-30.

Well Everything You Want To Know About iS But Were Afraid To Ask For
can be found at my iS page

http://members.xoom.com/_XMCM/veluwen/om-sif/is-series/is-series.htm

:I like the wider angle lens available on the IS-30

Agreed - that's sorely missed on the iS-3000 - true wide angle w/o the need
for a WC

:and feel it is probably a better zoom range for me.
:The IS-30 is also cheaper and more compact.

OTOH the iS-3000 gives far more control of photographic parameters, a more
accurate DX decoding, a more powerful flash, a nice Macro Mode, continuous
drive, longer tele setting and a 300mm TC.

Decisions, decisions. Why not buy both? ;)

hnz