Re: [OM] RE: Newbie OM-4 Question / The Digest

Subject: Re: [OM] RE: Newbie OM-4 Question / The Digest
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2000 14:49:32 -0500
Cc: <FAB@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Frank,

One point I am not sure has come across clearly yet.  The OM-4T and OM-4Ti
are the same camera. Originally the 4T was US and the 4Ti was outside the
use (much like the OM-G/OM-20 twins).  Later cameras are all 4Ti as they
stopped caring about the name. So, in theory, a 4Ti purchased in the US is
newer, but it is still the same camera.

In my experience with about a dozen or more 4 and 4T(i) bodies, the 4 bodies
are very prone to failure. I think age is finally catching up with them.  I
find at least a 50 0.000000ailure rate.  Now, that's not scientific, but just my
experience.  The 4T bodies I've purchased have all worked well.  I think, in
most cases, if you can find a user 4T, I'd buy that over a mint 4.

Now, this isn't always true, as some of the OM-4 bodies I've owned were
wonderful.

No good answer, but I find myself using my beat-up 4T as my number one body.
It looks like somebody used it for batting practice, but works perfectly.

Tom