Re: [OM] What to do if ASA is set wrong

Subject: Re: [OM] What to do if ASA is set wrong
From: Dan Lau <dlau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 15:31:16 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 17 Aug 2000 19:07, "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>Depends on the film.  If it's a typical color negative film and you've
>inadvertently set the ASA too low (in effect, overexposing the film), I
>wouldn't worry about it.  Most 400 films can handle being set to 200; 200
>can handle 100; etc.  Underexposure is trickier but many films can handle up
>to a full stop of underexposure without significant loss of printability.

OK.  From this (i.e., color negative film), can I take it then it is
better to reset the ASA to the proper value and continue with the rest
of the roll; then process the film normally?  I am trying to figure
out whether it is better to shoot the whole roll with the same ASA
setting (even though it is not correct) or better to change ASA is the
middle of the roll.  Thanks.
        -Dan