[OM] What to do if ASA is set wrong

Subject: [OM] What to do if ASA is set wrong
From: Dan Lau <dlau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 14:06:29 -0400 (EDT)
Once in a while, I'd put a roll of film into a camera and
forget to reset the ASA (the lowly OM-1 does not have DX
coding capability like on the OM-PC/40 :-)).  Then
somewhere in the middle of the roll, I'd notice that the
ASA does not match the film.  So what is the best course
of action to take when one realizes that the ASA is not
set correctly?

I supposed if only a few frames were taken, the best thing
is to set the ASA to the correct value and then process
the film normally (maybe ruining the first few frames).

If the roll is near the end, it is probably better to just
shoot the rest with the incorrect ASA and then try to do
some special processing (which is not always successful
with drug-store film processing).

What if it is at the middle of the roll?  Would it be
better to just shoot the rest with the same incorrect ASA
or would it be better to reset the ASA to the correct
value then shoot the rest of the roll?  And then what is
the best way to get the roll (partly or wholly shot with
an incorrect ASA) processed?

Thanks for any advice.
        -Dan