Re: [OM] Technical mumbo jumbo

Subject: Re: [OM] Technical mumbo jumbo
From: Jay Maynard <jmaynard@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 00:12:24 -0500
On Sun, Aug 13, 2000 at 07:24:24PM +0000, Lex Jenkins wrote:
> I haven't had the pleasure of even handling a jin-you-wine XA, altho' I've
> owned an XA-2 and -3.  Still have the XA-3.  Fine shooter, crisp pix,
> vignetting really doesn't bother me - or maybe it's because I use mostly
> Fuji 800 in it so the lens is seldom wide-open.  I much prefer its
> handle-ability to the Stylus.  The little textured surfaces to assist in
> opening and closing the slider really help.

Guess I'll find out just how good the XA is: I'm going to have it as the
only camera with me as I walk around the Minnesota Renaissance Faire this
coming weekend. It's the only camera I own which will work with period
clothing: it's small enough to fit unobtrusively in my pouch. I'll be using
200-speed film outside, hopefully in bright light, so it should have its
best chance to perform.