Re: [OM] Technical mumbo jumbo

Subject: Re: [OM] Technical mumbo jumbo
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2000 19:24:24 GMT
I haven't had the pleasure of even handling a jin-you-wine XA, altho' I've owned an XA-2 and -3. Still have the XA-3. Fine shooter, crisp pix, vignetting really doesn't bother me - or maybe it's because I use mostly Fuji 800 in it so the lens is seldom wide-open. I much prefer its handle-ability to the Stylus. The little textured surfaces to assist in opening and closing the slider really help.

Guess one reason I can't get worked up over the Lomo craze is because I've been doing similar stuff with my XA-3 for years. The longish shutter speed makes for fun pix, like resting the camera on the dashboard while driving at night and just capturing streaks of car lights, street lamps and neon signs passing by. And, unlike the Lomo, an XA- is capable of taking *sharp* photos when you want 'em.

Lex
===
To make a fine Blairwich, take one Blair Witch - best when the witch is really lean - sliced thin. Add a little mayo and eye of newt. Just a pinch of garlic keeps her from coming back up. Yum.