[OM] Camera Sync problems

Subject: [OM] Camera Sync problems
From: Jim Patterson <system1@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2000 21:24:58 -0700
I am using an OM-1MD camera I bought in 1976. I have never had a problem with it in the hundreds of rolls I have shot. The other day I tried using it in a studio using several strobe lights in the local colleges photo department. When shooting the shots, everything seemed to sync. However, upon developing, the shutter was blocking part or nearly all of the shots in 900f the negatives. Only 2 pictures worked perfectly. I have used a vivitar 283 flash unit with hot shoe for years and never had a sync problem at 1/60 of a second. What is going on here?? Maybe the old OM-1 cannot be used in state of the art photo labs using professional strobe lights?? Any thoughts on what may be the problem would be appreciated!! Maybe I need to go down to 1/30 or 1/15 of a second to get it to sync????
James (Jim) Patterson
System 1
396 San Diego Ave
Ventura, California  93004