Re: [OM] Camera Sync problems

Subject: Re: [OM] Camera Sync problems
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 11:38:02 GMT
There's no reason why the OM-1 shouldn't sync properly with studio flash. Couple of things to note before sending it off for a checkup:

1. You're certain the FP/X lever was set correctly?

2. How recently have you used it with the Viv 283 flash? (Altho' even if it was very recently, things could've gone awry since then. My OM-1 has been working perfectly, but Saturday the film advance lever return spring began getting a bit lazy.) It's possible the shutter speeds/curtain have gone a bit off since the last time all was well.

3. You're absolutely certain it was set to 1/60 in studio, and not 1/125? I've screwed up often enough to always ask myself this question. ;)

4. Sure, check it at 1/30 with the 283 flash. If it works you may be able to delay getting it serviced a while longer.

Hope this helps and it turns out to be operator error (always cheaper to fix!).

Lex
===