Re: [OM] FAQ Additions

Subject: Re: [OM] FAQ Additions
From: "Rand E." <rtomcala@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 12:34:13 -0400
Hal,
  The most probable reason that there is no "starter kit" or any other
recommended is that there are several hundred of us on the list.  If
asked, there would most likely be several hundred different recommended
"starter kits".  Picture taking is a very personal and inner sort of
thing and we are each unique in our needs and wants even in something as
basic as a "starter kit".  Even which camera body is best to use brings
up deep felt opinions in the minds of each of us.
  Tell us what you want this starter kit to accomplish (with your
guidance), how much you are willing/able to invest, and where you want
to ultimately end up.  Then we can share with you our many personal
opinions on what you need.  Just ask and you shall receive (probably
tenfold).
Rand E.