[OM] FAQ Additions

Subject: [OM] FAQ Additions
From: Hal Landvoigt <hal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 09:02:45 -0700
Being new to the list and having just unloaded my Nikon gear to get an om-4
and 50/1.4, I'm interested in building up a smaller collection of lenses
that will continue the lightweight theme that I started by getting an Oly.
in the first place.

That said, I'm sure this has been beat to death before, and I wonder why
some info along these lines isn't in the Oly. Owners FAQ: Suggested Starter
Set or Commonly Available First Choice lenses.  It seems like a wide angle,
a 2x extender/ext. tube, and either a 135 or a 75-150 would make a good
compact set.

I'm not looking for the most-expensive-but-best-optics or the
LN+/Mint-collector lens, just good lenses to take good pictures.  When I
start taking great pictures, I'll definately buy great lenses.

Any advice?

Also, is there a glossary for this group?  Whats a "Can-not-an-OM-non's L
series IS lens", what does a "shift lens" do?  Why does everyone like the
Vivitar (some number) flash, and why is it so expensive?

Thank you for your patience.

Hal