Re: [OM] 35mm Shift instructions or help needed

Subject: Re: [OM] 35mm Shift instructions or help needed
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2000 19:46:27 +0000
At 23:13 8/4/00 , Chip asked:
>I've been experimenting with a 35mm shift lens I Fanged on eBay, and would
>like some help with it's operation.
>
>If anyone has a copy of the instructions they can send me (snail mail or
>scanned and emailed) I would be pretty  thrilled.
>
>Short of that, I do have some questions. What is the proper sequence of
>focusing, metering, and shifting with this lens?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Chip Stratton
>cstrat@xxxxxxxxx

Chip, here is how I do it (on tripod):
(-1) Take off lens cap  ;-)
(0)  Center lens and open up the manual stop-down
(1)  Set general aim and dead level the tripod head and camera
(2)  Fine tune head traverse and recheck camera level
(3)  Focus
(4)  Shift until framed as desired, refocus as necessary
(5)  Stop down and set exposure manually using TTL metering, or in AE mode
rotate aperture ring and select desired aperture and shutter speed combination
(6)  Trip shutter with cable release

-- John