Re: [OM] THE GRAIL! (Wuz "Vivitar 285 flash for Oly 75-150mm lens...)

Subject: Re: [OM] THE GRAIL! (Wuz "Vivitar 285 flash for Oly 75-150mm lens...)
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 12:32:24 +0000
I think you will find that the SC Zuiko Zoom lenses are not marked with a
leading letter to indicate the number of lens elements as the SC primes
were.  Those that were MC early on were marked "MC" until Olympus
eventually dropped use of the "MC" marking.  You may also find some zooms
marked "S Zuiko" indicating they were an "economy" lens targeted to the
lower end of the market.

"Seeing green" is not an absolute indicator of MC either.

Among the zooms, I know the following were either MC at the outset or
became MC at some point:
  35-70 f/3.6
  35-105 f/3.5~4.5
  85-250 f/5

I believe, but am not certain, the 65-200 also was or went MC.  Of course,
the 35-80 f/2.8 has always been MC.  I would be greatly surprised to see an
MC example of the 75-150/4.  It and the 28/3.5 were heavily targeted in
Oly's marketing for the OM-10 (and its successor) buyer/user.

-- John