Re: [OM] Vivitar 285 flash for Oly 75-150mm lens... is it a good trade?

Subject: Re: [OM] Vivitar 285 flash for Oly 75-150mm lens... is it a good trade?
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 11:31:25 -0600
Cc: <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Hmmm....  good points to consider while I ponder what to do.  The
reasons I was thinking of holding off and looking for a 100-200 are:

1.  the little bit of extra focal length
2.  one-touch focusing instead of two-touch (which I found a bit awkward,
although i suppose I'd get used to it)
3.  multi-coating instead of single-coating (I seem to have lotsa trouble
with sunspots in my shots)

I suppose the 75-150 would be a bit handier for portrait shots (???), and
I do note that the 100-200 is about 33mm bigger and 130g heavier.

Hmmm....  What to do, what to do?!?!?  [Internal T-32 flash going off...]

I know!  Buy both!!!  (Grin!)

Thanks, Tom!

Chris