RE: [OM] protecting images from theft

Subject: RE: [OM] protecting images from theft
From: Dylan Sutton <dsut4392@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2000 15:12:35 +1000
Even that wouldn't work if one were determined. I occasionally run a port or
stream watching ustility, which captures to a file all incoming and outgoing
TCP/IP streams. Anything in plain text is easily decipherable, and it doesn't
take too much trouble to decipher HTML. I'm sure with only minimal effort one
could use the same approach to reconstruct graphics or even streaming sound
files - you just need to be able to pick out the file headers and use a text
editior to reconstruct the file in a format your viewer or player can read.
It shouldn't be too hard to work out a way of fooling the java applet either if
you wanted to do it that way.
Dylan - resistance is futile.
---